CALL FOR PAPERS
SAC'05 - ACM 2005 SYMPOSIUM ON APPLIED COMPUTING
March 13-17, 2005
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
Technical Track on "Programming Languages"
<Track Chairs> Chang-Hyun Jo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
California State University, Fullerton, USA
Marjan Mernik <email@example.com>
University of Maribor, Slovenia
Barrett Bryant < firstname.lastname@example.org>
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Over the past nineteen years, the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing has become a primary forum for applied computer scientists, computer engineers, software engineers, and application developers from around the world to interact and present their work. SAC 2005 is sponsored by the ACM Special Interest Group on Applied Computing (SIGAPP). For additional information, please check the SAC web page: "http://www.acm.org/conferences/sac/sac2005".
This document is also available at "http://jo.ecs.fullerton.edu/sac/sac2005" and "http://jo.ecs.fullerton.edu/sac/sac2005/sac2005-PL-CFP.pdf".
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES (PL) Track
A technical track on Programming Languages will be held at SAC'05. It will be a forum for engineers, researchers and practitioners throughout the world to share technical ideas and experiences relating to implementation and application of programming languages. Original papers and experience reports are invited in all areas of programming languages. Major topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
Formal Semantics and Syntax,
Language Design and Implementation,
New Programming Language Ideas and Concepts,
New Programming Paradigms,
Practical Experiences with Programming Languages,
Program Analysis and Verification,
Program Generation and Transformation,
Programming Languages from All Paradigms (Agent-Oriented, Aspect-Oriented, Functional, Logic,
Visual Programming Languages
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to contribute original papers in all areas of experimental computing and application development relevant to the theme of the track. This includes the following categories of submissions:
1) Original and unpublished
2) Reports of innovative applications to the arts, sciences, engineering, and business areas,
3) Reports of successful technology transfer to new problem domains,
4) Reports of industrial experience and demos of new innovative systems.
All submissions will be peer reviewed. Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance and clarity of presentation. Accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings. Expanded versions of the accepted papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/SIGAPP quarterly Applied Computing Review. A set of selected papers, which did not get accepted as full papers, will be accepted as poster papers and will be published as extended 2-page abstracts in the symposium proceedings.
The following submission guidelines must be strictly followed:
· Submit the original manuscripts in an electronic format to: <email@example.com>. The file format should be PDF. The title of the submission should be the last name of the first author (e.g., If the first author is John Smith then the submission should be titled as "smith.pdf").
· The author(s) name(s) and address(es) must NOT appear in the body of the paper, and self-reference should be in the third person. This is to facilitate blind review. Only the title should be shown at the first page without the author's information.
· A separate cover sheet should show the title of the paper, the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), and the address (including e-mail, telephone, and FAX) to which correspondence should be sent. This sheet should also be submitted in an electronic format to <firstname.lastname@example.org> and it should be titled as "smith-cover.pdf".
· The body of paper should not exceed 4,000 words (approximately 15 pages, double-spaced, 12-point size). You may refer to the final copy format at "http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html". The total number of final pages without any extra page charge will be 5.
· An abstract including the title of the paper at the beginning (without having any author’s information) as a separate text file should be submitted. It should be titled as "smith-abstract.txt"
· Submit a cover page (PDF format), a manuscript (PDF format) and an abstract (TXT format) as attachments to your email. Your submission email text should include the author(s) name(s), the title, and a contact point (name and email address) you prefer.
· All submissions must be received by September 3, 2004.
3, 2004: Paper Submissions
October 15, 2004: Author Notification
November 5, 2004: Camera-Ready Copy
March 13-17, 2005: Conference at Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
The SAC 2005 Programming Language Track Program Committee Members
Ancona, Massimo - Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy - email@example.com
Auguston, Mikhail - Naval Postgraduate School, USA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheung, Shing-chi - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China - email@example.com
Debray, Saumya K. - University of Arizona, USA - debray@CS.Arizona.EDU
Doh, Kyung-Goo - Hanyang University, Korea - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabbrielli, Maurizio - Universita' di Bologna, Italy - email@example.com
Harris, Tim - Cambridge University, UK - Tim.Harris@cl.cam.ac.uk
Heering, Jan - CWI, The Netherlands - Jan.Heering@cwi.nl
Jeffery, Clint - New Mexico State University, USA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnstone, Adrian - Royal Holloway, University of London, UK - email@example.com
Leung, Ho-fung - The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lins, Rafael Dueire - Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil - email@example.com
Logozzo, Francesco - Ecole Polytechnique, France - Francesco.Logozzo@stix.polytechnique.fr
Martinez Lopez, Pablo E. - National University of La Plata, Argentina - firstname.lastname@example.org
Meijer, Erik - Microsoft Research, USA - email@example.com
Michaelson, Greg - Heriot-Watt University, UK - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pareja-Flores, Crist'obal - Complutense University of Madrid, Spain - email@example.com
Saraiva, João - Universidade do Minho, Portugal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sloane, Tony - Macquarie University, Australia - email@example.com
Wile, Dave - Teknowledge Corp., USA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Winkler, Juergen - Friedrich Schiller University, Germany - email@example.com